Friday, December 29, 2006

Wonderfully Made

Shame is healthy when I know
That I am doing bad
But how I was made is not wrong
And for that I am glad

Autistic is as it always was
A part of what I call me
How could I be someone else
Who else could I be

There are choices that I make
Each and every day
My choices make my life what it is
And Im glad that its this way

People are often uncomfortable with difference
And I may never know what they expect
But I learning how to celebrate how Im different
And what has value and deserves respect

People will eventally learn
Why diversity is good
Until then Ill be just who I am
And do what I think I should

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM , Blogger Maddy said...

I'm one of those people that has taken a long time to realise that diversity is 'good.' I suspect that there are a lot of people with similarly narrow views, but I think [now] that they stem from 'fear of the unfamiliar.' Depends what kind of a risk taker you are, and I always preferred 'safe and predictable.'
Just as well my little guys came along when they did to save me from terminal predictability and middle age!
Cheers

 
At 2:19 PM , Blogger Ed said...

Mcewen,
You....afraid? Call it rhino hide or whatever....somewhere along the line you learned the value in taking risks. There is alot of wisdom in doing that.Sometimes I wish I had more courage to say what I feel I should. You seem to speak up alot.
Maybe its the parenting thats teaching you but you are teaching me too!

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Sharon McDaid said...

I like this a lot. I will save it and read it to my son when he's older.

What you say is so true;
'Who else could I be?'

As I'm getting to know you a little through your blog, I'm glad you are Ed :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home