Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Grateful for Another Day

Sometimes I write about difficulties. I actually have a reason for doing that. It doesnt have so much to do with how it effects the situation. I would certainly hope that it would not discourage anyone. All it really means to me is that Im acknowleging some things that I see.

I can see how sometimes acknowleging things can make problems real when they wouldnt be that way otherwise be that way but Ive also noticed (for me) not looking at things can be a way of not accepting some part of my reality. Also by accepting this reality (for me) is when I can take responsibility for it. Otherwise I really dont know how I could.

Of course then things have to be divided into what I have some control over and what I dont. Otherwise, once again, (for me) I dont know how I can be responsible for what I feel I need to (or not do as the case may be).

I try to respond to others as what I see helps me. When someone never shows that they have difficulties, they may indeed be overcoming them and even avoiding alot by not emphasizing them. However, since this doent really inspire me, I try to find what people are saying that does inspire me. Also, doing things that way doesnt seem to have any practical value, as far as me doing things the same way.

Then comes the issue of gratitude. The attitude of gratitude for me is like the most nutritious food on earth and I eat it every chance I have that I can remember to do so. I really do have a great deal to be grateful for and that really is the most dominant feeling that effects my life.

Just as I have never been able to use the experiance of being should on by others(thats how it feels to me), I try not to do that to others. In some cases Im sure that it is helpful but (for me) I try to leave that activity to people who know how to help people by telling them what they should or shouldnt do, and people who are actually good at knowing how to use this experience in a positive way. Since I dont know how to be productive in either way, it becomes a matter of shoulding and I try to stay out of it.

More than anything else that I have to be grateful for (and there is a lot) I am grateful for another day. My time is borrowed. Its always been this way. I just didnt always know it.
On this day that I have been given, I have choices that I can make. For that I am very grateful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home