Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Holiday





Before I get into the blogpost dealing with the subject I described in my last post, I descided to show and tell about my holiday since it was really like my first spent with family.

My wife and I have been together for 7 years but this is the first time we had both her sons to join us and also.... it was on Thanksgiving weekend!

We had a delightful time laughing, eating, and watching movies at home. My wifes youngest son (who is quite the multitasker) was on his laptop computer the whole time while watching movies, while the eldest drifted in and out of sleep alot as he hadn't had much time off from work lately. My wife couldn't have been happier. I joined in and retired to the other room and the computer when the fun became too overwhelming for me.

The main time we did go out of the house we went to the theater to watch a movie. We went to see Beowolf. We left after only a half hour into the movie. I would have been under my chair the whole time if there had been room for me there. (I've been repeating to myself since we saw what we saw, "The monster wasn't real and he can't hurt us.")

Here are family pictures we took over the weekend.

7 Comments:

At 2:36 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

Great pictures Ed, looks like it was a wonderful weekend!

 
At 7:02 AM , Blogger Ed said...

Thanks Amanda,
It was a wonderful weekend.

 
At 7:13 AM , Blogger Suzanne said...

Thanks for your show and tell. :o)

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Sharon McDaid said...

I like the happy pictures, and it really shows how your wife loved having all her family together.

I don't like scary films much, and have sometimes had dreams about stuff I've seen. I've just written a post about a film scene that upset Duncan this weekend. I had to reassure him about it lots of times.

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger Ed said...

Hi Suzanne,
That's exactly what I was thinking of it as. Like show and tell about my Thanksgiving holiday. :)

Hi Sharon,
We all had a great time but my wife most of all. She was very happy.

Don't watch the Beowolf movie or show it to Duncan or any of your family....or any of your friends.... or your enemies.... Monsters like that are best left to the imagination.... or at least best left in books. When technology can create a the illusion of a monster like that....they have gone too far!

 
At 11:38 PM , Blogger Sharon McDaid said...

I read the Seamus Heaney translation of Beowolf last year. I think that's enough for me. I saw the trailer for the movie and it looks really strange! I agree it is certainly NOT one for children.

 
At 2:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been enjoying your blog - glad I stopped by!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home